NEW – Adapted Physical Education Conversation – FREE
Who? All CTAHPERD Members Invited!
When? Wednesday, May 30, 2018 – 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Where? Elizabeth Green Elementary School, 30 Thomas Street, Newington, CT 06111
What? Please join us for a conversation around the following topics:
- CT Guidelines for Adapted PE
- scheduling Adapted PE and various models of Adadpted PE
- recommendations for Adapted PE process and eligibility and the PPT process
- data collection to measure growth toward goals and objectives
Hosted by – Matthew Rossi
If you have questions, please contact Connie Kapral at email@example.com.
ESSA: Seizing a $1.1 Billion Opportunity
The bipartisan Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) includes a flexible block grant program under Title IV, Part A, “Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants.” This block grant program authorizes activities in three broad areas including: providing students with a well-rounded education, supporting safe and healthy students, and supporting the effective use of technology.
Title IV, Part A was funded at $1.1 billion for the 2018-19 school year, giving school districts access to significant funding to support these program areas, which include health education and physical education!
Steps to Making Your Funding Request:
- Find out how much Title IV, Part A funding will be available for your school district using SHAPE America’s online request form.
- Plan your request using SHAPE America’s ESSA Brainstorming Worksheet to help you craft the right messages that will resonate with school administrators.
- Complete the template letter provided, to make your request.
Share any success stories or challenges with SHAPE America via email or on social media using #MoreTitleIV!
For more information, listen to the Seizing ESSA’s New $1.1 Billion Opportunity webinar.
CTAHPERD 2018 Fall Conference – Call for Proposals
1st Call for Proposals – Share your best practices and creativity!
Scroll down to the bottom of the home page to view the Photo Gallery.
Recent photos include the Health Education Regional Workshop and Student Leadership Conference!
CT Physical Fitness Assessment
You are welcome to use one of these certificates to recognize students achieving the criteria on the CT PFA.
Attention Health Educators!
The Brain Injury Alliance of Connecticut has developed educational materials for middle school and high school level students called “Protect Your Brain Toolkit.” Access the free materials HERE.