ANNUAL FALL CONFERENCE
November 15 & 16, 2018
Red Lion Hotel Cromwell
100 Berlin Road, Cromwell, CT
STEERING CT TOWARD A HEALTHIER FUTURE
When you ride a bike…you can explore a woodland trail, take someone for a ride, race against others, feel the joy of movement with your feet stuck out to the side and wind on your face…
When you ride a bicycle made for two, or three or four…it becomes a shared experience made richer for the company. The contributions made by the shared-riders may be very different.
We do not have to be the same in the way we pedal, or how we interpret our experience, but we do all need to be valued for what we bring to the ride. This year’s conference is about the shared ride – and how we can recognize and use one another’s unique talents and perspectives and work together to make great things happen.
If possible, embrace this theme in your proposal. Here are a few ideas…
- How one generation (or grade level) works together with another.
- How cultural strengths brought together create a stronger sense of community.
- How social justice skills can be taught so that we can “ride” better together.
- How our disciplines can be interwoven (HPERD) to make innovative experiences that are more holistic, provide active classrooms, encourage thought in different ways etc.
- How universal design ensures that everyone has equal access (a bicycle that has a seat for the youngest, a platform for a wheelchair, a fitting for a prosthetic foot, etc.)
- How universities and K-12s can collaborate in innovative teaching and new research.
Share your best practices, teaching tips, unique skills and creativity! Deadline June 15, 2018
Red Lion Hotel Cromwell – Overnight Room Reservations for CTAHPERD Conference (Rates: $114 plus tax single/double)
- BOOK BY TELEPHONE: Guests can call 860-288-4985, provide the dates they would like to stay, and mention the code: CTAS1113
- BOOK ONLINE: Guests can also book online at www.redlion.com/cromwell by:o Entering the date they would like to stayo Selecting the group code and entering the code: CTAS1113o Then hitting the book now button to see rooming options and make their selection
ATTENTION VENDORS! You are cordially invited to exhibit your products and services at the Fall Conference of The Connecticut Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance to be held November 15 and 16, 2018. Conveniently located off Interstate 91, the Red Lion Cromwell Hotel in Cromwell, CT is the site for this event.
Exhibitors for this two-day conference will set up in the hotel on Thursday before 8:00 a.m. The exhibit period is from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day.
With a membership near 800 professionals and future professionals representing health and physical education teachers, recreation specialists and dance instructors, our attendance averages 450 each day. Attendees request items to purchase from exhibitors, so please plan accordingly.
Plan to provide special backdrops, extension cords, audiovisual equipment, tape, scissors, etc. as needed. Electricity fee is extra. Exhibitors are solely responsible for transportation, loading and breakdown, display and safety of their exhibits. CTAHPERD reserves the right to make final decisions on all matters relating to exhibits. The application becomes a contract when accepted by CTAHPERD.