Dear Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart Coordinators:
Sincere thanks for completing a Jump Rope for Heart or Hoops for Heart event!
We encourage you to coordinate a Jump Rope for Heart or Hoops for Heart event for your students in 2017–2018.
Our goal is to have 20 new events in CT this year. Encourage your colleagues who may be interested in conducting an event to contact an AHA Representative at 1-888-294-0996.
You can make a difference in the lives of many as the funds generated in these events have sponsored many research projects that have improved the lives of victims of heart disease and stroke.
Best wishes for a successful, heart healthy event this year!
Are you a Jump Rope for Heart or Hoops For Heart coordinator who would like to take your program to the next level?
The Joint Projects office is currently accepting applications for the 2018 SHAPE America Recognition Awards!
2018 Recognition Awards
Each year SHAPE America selects up to two Jump Rope For Heart or Hoops For Heart coordinators to receive the prestigious SHAPE America JRFH/HFH Recognition Award. Award winners exemplify leadership in the JRFH and HFH programs at the state, district or national level.
Winners will be honored in front of their peers at an awards ceremony held during the 2018 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in Nashville, TN, March 20-24. APPLY TODAY!
The Joint Projects office is currently accepting applications for the 2018 SHAPE America JRFH/HFH Grant Program.
All 2018 grantees will receive:
- A $1,300 professional development stipend to attend the 2018 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in Nashville, TN March 20-24. The stipend may be used toward convention registration, travel, lodging and/or per diem;
- A one-year SHAPE America membership (if you are not a current SHAPE America member) and one copy of SHAPE America’s National Standards & Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education;
- A $1,200 US Games gift certificate redeemable for equipment to enhance your school’s physical education program (to be presented at the 2018 national convention in Nashville);
- Invitations to special events with other JRFH/HFH leaders and physical education professionals from around the country;
- An opportunity to share what makes your program special by contributing to The Pulse, the JRFH/HFH national newsletter.
The JRFH/HFH grant is available only to individuals who have completed a JRFH or HFH event in the prior school year.
Deadline for Awards & Grants: October 15
If you have questions regarding JRFH/HFH, please contact Yasmeen Taji-Farouki, joint projects manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RESOURCES FROM 2017 SHAPE AMERICA NATIONAL CONVENTION
Poster relating national standards to JRFH and HFH.
Session notes Meaningful Heart-Healthy Connections with JRFH and HFH – Tim Mueller
Session notes Meaningful Heart-Healthy Connections with JRFH and HFH – Patty Kestell
Are you a new coordinator? Do you have questions about running your event? Need a new idea? Contact one of our Jump Rope for Heart/Hoops for Heart “ambassadors” who have run successful events in our state.
Jump Rope for Heart
Long Meadow Elementary School
35 North Benson Road
Middlebury, CT 06762
Dr. Charles E. Murphy School
500 Chesterfield Road
Oakdale, Ct 06370
Stratford Academy – Honeyspot House
55 Fotch Street
Stratford, CT 06615
Buttonball Elementary School
376 Buttonball Lane
Glastonbury, CT 06033
John Battista, CTAHPERD President
Retired Physical Education Teacher
JRFH Coordinator for many years
Hoops for Heart
Earl Witt Intermediate School
20 Hyde Park Road
Stafford Springs, CT 06076
Two Rivers Magnet Middle School
337 East River Road
East Hartford, CT 06108
860.290.5320860.290.5320 x 3105