WHAT IS CTAHPERD ALL ABOUT?
The Connecticut Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that provides members opportunities for:
- Professional growth and development
- Networking with like-minded professionals
- Leadership development
- Recognition through awards, grants and scholarships
- Learning about current trends at the state and national levels
- Participation in public advocacy projects
Founded in 1921, we are a state affiliate of SHAPE America and the Eastern District of SHAPE America. We invite students and professionals involved in all aspects of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance to join our organization.
Membership is open to those affiliated with public or private elementary and secondary schools, colleges and universities, and recreation and dance centers serving people of all ages and abilities from early childhood to senior citizens. Membership categories include:
- Professionals (members employed part time or full time in the HPERD field)
- Retired professionals (members who are receiving a pension)
- Future professionals (members who are full time undergraduate students)
CTAHPERD membership form
All CTAHPERD members are urged to register their email address in order to receive weekly issues of the “E-Newsletter”. The contents of the newsletter will include information about hot topics at the state, regional and national level, resources, advocacy issues etc.