Mountains and Mindfulness
Join us for the month of April, and participate in our Mountains & Mindfulness activity as part of our Centennial Year Celebration.
There is no better time than the Spring to start enjoying the outdoors. Parks are a great place to encourage physical activity and healthy lifestyles. Connecticut is lucky to have plenty to explore! CTAHPERD has created a passport to enhance the mind body connection.
Hike – Your Mountains and Mindfulness passport offers a variety of hiking locations in different CT State Parks. Complete as many hikes as you would like, while earning points for each. Submit your passport via Google Form by April 30th.
Mindfulness – The passport also offers activities such as meditation and yoga. Complete as many mindfulness challenges as you would like, while also earning points for each.
Fee:$10 individual $30 group (family or team)- A portion of the proceeds will benefit a local charity. (participants choice)
- When you open the passport, you will see a table with various trails and mindfulness activities. PASSPORT HERE
- Each column has a different point value.
- Your goal is to complete 100 points worth by visiting different locations across Connecticut and/or by participating in a mindfulness activity.
- Keep track of your activities on the sheet. (You are able to complete each activity multiple times)
- At the end of the month or when you completed the goal of 100 points, complete the google form HERE (Note: You can make edits after submitting the google form- however, we recommend that you keep track on the paper and only submit the form once at the end)
- REGISTER HERE!
- Certificate of completion – COPY HERE
On behalf of CTAHPERD, I would like to thank Megan Chiasson and Melissa Patterson and the entire Executive Council for their collaborative efforts creating this healthier CT initiative as part of our centennial celebration.
CTAHPERD Executive Director
Cheers to 100 Years!
The CT Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance is celebrating its 100th Anniversary. Founded in 1921, the strength of our organization derived from the selfless efforts of leaders, members and volunteers who dedicated their time to enhance the profession. For the past century, many professionals shared their expertise and knowledge by providing workshops, presentations and other professional development activities to ensure best practices in health and physical education. To celebrate this milestone, we created limited edition apparel to honor all our leaders, volunteers and members who inspired us throughout the years.
Our 100th year limited edition apparel will help support CTAHPERD’s mission “to advocate for healthy lifestyles by providing leadership and professional development opportunities that increase knowledge and sound professional practices.” Proceeds will benefit our mini-grants.
Thank you for your support!
NEW! 2021 Winter E Issue – The Bulletin
Spring 2020 E Issue – The Bulletin
Winter 2020 E Issue – The Bulletin
Spring 2019 E Issue – The Bulletin
Winter 2019 E Issue – The Bulletin