CTAHPERD REGIONAL WORKSHOPS
Send requests for topics, sites, and date/times of Regional Workshops to Regional Directors, or Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTAHPERD VIRTUAL PD
Registration Now Open!
CTAHPERD Round Table: Field Day, April, 7, at 2:30pm
Join us as we hear how districts rolled out Field Day last year in the midst of full distance learning, and brainstorm how teachers are planning to roll out Field Day this year under a wide spectrum of limitations and restrictions. This session is an opportunity to collaborate across districts to help teachers create an amazing Field Day experience, even if it does look different from years past. REGISTER
Team Building Through a Pandemic Presentation, April, 7, at 7pm
Team Building Through a Pandemic highlights the value of Connection Before Content through the use of virtual Team Building & Adventure Education Activities. Participants will learn valuable practices and favorite activities that promote social skills, cooperation, problem solving and most importantly connection in a virtual setting. This presentation will also answer “The Why?” for Virtual Adventure Activity or Team Building Planning for groups or classes. Activities learned in this presentation can instantly be applied in the classroom by participants. (Suitable for ALL Grade Levels) REGISTER
SHAPE AMERICA VIRTUAL NATIONAL CONVENTION & EXPO 2021
April 13-17, 2021 Baltimore
The SHAPE America National Convention & Expo is the nation’s premier event for health and physical education professionals, from K-12 teachers to university professors.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the 2021 convention — originally scheduled for Baltimore — will be a fully virtual event held on the same dates, April 13-17.
If you need help getting approval to attend the event, use the Justification Toolkit. It includes:
- Template letter to set up a meeting with your supervisor
- Tips for speaking with your supervisor
- A Needs/Benefits Table to help you develop talking points
Use these tools to share how this professional development experience will allow you to:
- Learn from experienced health & PE teachers and other industry experts;
- Select from 100+ hours of professional development on a broad range of health & PE topics;
- Maximize your learning with full access to all sessions for 45 days after the event; and
- Share ideas with other health and physical educators while building your professional network.