PE Central Courses
Learn something new!
Health Educators – Parent Q&A Webinar
Sponsored by FCD Prevention Works
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 – 9:00 to 9:30 PM EST
Do you have parents in your community who have questions about how to address substance use with their adolescents? Invite them to join us for a live session on May 20.
Some topics may be covered during this live, online sessions include:
Where do the main pressures on kids to use drugs come from? What is vaping and JUULing? How can I keep my kids away from it? How much impact do parent attitudes and modeling have on teen use? What dangers does marijuana pose to my child?
Understanding and Coping With Your Child’s Mental Health During Covid-19
Panel Discussion: May 20 — 1 p.m. EDT
Space is limited! Register NOW – https://www.shapeamerica.org/events/boks-promo.aspx
A link to the meeting will be sent on Wednesday at 10 a.m. EDT.
Covid-19 and resulting school closures has disrupted daily life for all of us — but kids, who don’t have the full understanding of what we are dealing with, or simply don’t have the life experience to cope, are suffering when it comes to their mental health.
On top of the fear and anxiety this pandemic has caused, the loss of routine, daily exercise and socialization with friends can have a serious impact on a child. Whether you are a parent or a teacher — kids are looking to you for support and guidance during this difficult time.
RSVP to reserve your spot for a virtual expert panel assembled by BOKS Kids and SHAPE America to learn about:
The challenges kids and families are facing now and can expect to face in post-Covid-19 life;
• Dr. Elsie Taveras, Pediatrician, clinical Epidemiologist, and a childhood obesity researcher
• Dr. Ken Duckworth, Chief Medical Officer, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), and Medical Director for Behavioral Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA)
• Bo Shappell, Middle School PE Teacher and Co-Founder of WE Integrated
• Daniella Land, Co-Founder and CEO of WE Integrated
• Michelle Carter, Director of Educational Content and Programs, SHAPE America