CAROLYN D. VANACORE SCHOLAR-ATHLETE SCHOLARSHIP
APPLICATIONS DUE: JUNE 15
Please submit applications through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CRITERIA BY WHICH APPLICANTS WILL BE JUDGED ARE:
- Declared a major in health, physical education, recreation or dance
- Maintains a 2.7 QPR
- Participates in athletic competition
- Awarded to Junior/Senior female student who meets the stated criteria
- Membership in CTAHPERD required
In addition to the “Memorandum of Required Facts”, we suggest as essential details the following:
- A statement of not more than 400 words explaining your participation in athletics and expressing your thoughts and feelings as to why you are entering the field of health, physical education, recreation or dance.
- Copy of student transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (professionally related) from Department and/or Affiliation.
A check from CTAHPERD in the amount of $1,000 ($500 each for 2 semesters) will be forwarded to the college or university to establish credit for the student. This scholarship may be applied toward tuition, books, or room and board. The scholarship is conditioned upon the student remaining in school.
Scholarship applications are due June 15.
Additional applications may be copied from the original or may be at Vanacore Scholarship or by writing to:
CTAHPERD Scholarship Chair
Buttonball Lane School
376 Buttonball Lane
Glastonbury, CT 06033